The lovely Jennifer Rock kindly sent us on these Skin Care Commandments that we should all really swear by! These commandments got over 1,000 screenshots on SnapChat so everyone is really loving all of the advise!
SKIN NERD SKIN COMMANDMENTS
- …Had seven hours’ of rested sleep to maximise the skin’s healing ability?
- …Drank eight glasses of water to keep the skin well hydrated and healthy?
- …Avoided processed foods, which affect the body’s – and the skin’s – immunity?
- …Kept your sugar intake low, as too much sugar causes inflammation, and affects the ageing process and the skin’s immunity?
- …Eaten lots of vegetables to feed the skin from within with potent antioxidants to control your ageing rate?
- …Consumed protein to boost collagen (also a protein) in the body?
- …Gobbled good fats, key ingredients for locking in skin hydration and reducing irritation and reactive skin conditions?
- …Avoided caffeine, which increases stress levels and worsens chronic skin conditions?
- …Stubbed out cigarettes, which decrease the flow of oxygen (affecting tone and pallor) while robbing the body of its Vitamin C, an essential nutrient to synthesise collagen?
- …Done enough exercise to promote healthy nutrition and blood flow, and give the skin that highly coveted glow?
Skin nerd cardinal skin sins
I Shall NOT
- …EVER use facial wipes
- …Neglect consuming water as I wish to treat my skin from within for optimum results
- …Buy products based on their pretty packaging and aromas alone and still expect results!
- …Avoid applying SPF and actives all year round; protect and repair is key
- …Believe in all mass-marketing campaigns
- …Buy products because a celebrity adores it UNLESS you know it will suit your skin
- …Self diagnose – a good consultation with an expert is key
- …View skin treatments as a treat – they are a need to mirror a skin regime at home
- …Obsess over my skin
- …Forget that the skin is an organ
To contact Jen directly with any Skin Care needs or for advise get in touch with her she is super helpful!